Monday, July 7, 2008

Return to the Scene of the Emancipation

I'm on vacation this week and I went to the library
and got four books
(from Rosie's book list..thought I'd try them)

On the way home, I passed by Marietta Square
where I did the one-woman Report It Demonstration

I parked, grabbed a book, and got out and walked around the Square
I stopped by the ice cream shop and bought
a frozen pink lemonade ... yummy!
I walked by the spot where I stood and shook my world
and thought...
This is where IT HAPPENED!

I smiled inside and I smiled outside.

I went and sat down by a bench and drank in the sun and
beautiful weather and my frozen concoction
and began reading, "Can't Wait to Get to Heaven" by Fannie Flagg
(she is so funny)

I was there for about an hour
I was in the world
I didn't worry
I didn't obsess about who was watching me or walking by

I just read and sipped and breathed and existed

grin

No comments: