Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Own Joy Police

Sometimes i'm my own joy police--at times, the joy senate.

I don't know anyone else who can tear me down faster than I can. My most proliferate guests (every new insult breeds another and another and they just multiply on and on) in my head are Mr. and Mrs. Rote. you're not good enough, no one likes you, you shouldn't be here, waste of space...STOP!

I'm tired of the visiting Rotes. I want the Joy Family and all their relatives to move in and clean out the "house." I want to hear you're a goddess, the world is so much better with you in it, you are kind and gentle, compassionate, fierce, a force to be reckoned, goddess of the universe!

I've invited them over a few times, more often in the recent months. I like them. When they're here and even when they leave, I feel happy and content and like I'm supposed to be here.

I think I'll invite them to move in permanently.

(teehee...just had a visual of the Joy's holding the Rotes by their collars and tossing them out unceremoniously!)

No comments: