Monday, September 1, 2008

Dear Mr. Obama...please

  • Please be the change you say you are going to be.
  • Please be the best man you can be for the job. If you stay true to what you say now, I will support you.
  • Please understand that you a new group of Americans are watching you and hoping.
  • Please understand that you have somehow instilled in me hope and a desire to care about this election.
  • Please treat my hope/desire with extra kid gloves. It is new and shiny and easily broken. I'm willing to work with the change -- if it's really there.
  • Please don't let Washington corrupt you.
  • When you get to that first small decision where you can either compromise yourself and go easy or you can stick to your ideals and have a difficult road, PLEASE take the difficult road.
  • Please be the leader for America that we need -- someone honest, forthright, for the people, who serves the people...as a govt official should.
  • Please keep an eye out for the children and the perps who prey on them. Hear us cry out for justice and a forum and then give it to us.
  • Please get rid of the corrupt and self-serving people who do not care what I want or need.
  • Please, even if you don't believe in abortion, continue to fight for my right to have control of my own body. I didn't have it for awhile, and now I am not going to let go of that control without a loud and vicious fight.
  • Please understand that by fighting for our rights over our own body this includes reproductive health and contraception accessibility -- for all women.
  • Please, please don't let me down.

No comments: