Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gala and Winter Break Volunteer

I attended the GALA fundraiser for Camp CADI in September. It was fun, although I discovered I'm not a cocktail dress/wine tasting kind of gal. LOL I met some passionate people who really want to make a difference in the lives of these girls. I'm excited to be working with this organization.

Amy Barth is amazing. She is a no-nonsense, tell it like it is woman. She is so invested in the girls and really recognizes their value. I hope we raised a lot of money.

I've been invited to volunteer at the winter break Camp this year! Very exciting...umm and to be honest... absolutely terrifying. My old rotes kick back in... who am I to think I can help? whom am I to help someone heal when i'm still healing.. and on and on and on. I'm trying to break those with who am I NOT to help. What if someone had helped me 25 years ago. Would I still be struggling as much at 43? maybe.maybe not.

I just have to hold on to how to finding Angela helped me to dig in and figure out this healing stuff. If telling my story or painting a picture with a girl helps her to begin her healing or feel valued, then FEAR BE GONE! (or at least shoved aside).

Fear is a goddess inhibitor, isn't it? I will not be defeated. I just need to stay true to myself and be authentic. The rest will work itself out.

There will be another volunteer meeting for Safe Girls if anyone is interested. I'll post the info here when I get it.

http://www.safegirlsstronggirls.com/

No comments: